Cuellar Castle appears documented in 1306 and is known as the castle of the Dukes of Alburquerque, declared a National Artistic Monument in 1931. Throughout its history, the fortification has had different uses. It was Lord Wellington's headquarters and General Hugo's refuge during the War of Independence, suffering the looting of Napoleonic troops. During the dictatorship it was first a political prison, a common prison and a sanatorium.
Currently, the Dukes have transferred its use to the Ministry of Education and Culture, which has installed the “Duque de Alburquerque” Secondary Education center.
Usamos cookies en nuestro sitio web para brindarle la experiencia más relevante recordando sus preferencias y visitas repetidas. Al hacer clic en "Aceptar todo", acepta el uso de TODAS las cookies. Sin embargo, puede visitar "Ajustes de cookies" para proporcionar un consentimiento controlado.