The Puente Mayor de Valladolid is a stone bridge that crosses the Pisuerga River in the city of Valladolid. It was built in the 16th century to replace an earlier bridge that had been destroyed by a flood. The bridge is 250 meters long and is made up of 7 semicircular arches, which are supported by stone pillars. It is 15 meters wide and has two vehicle lanes and pedestrian sidewalks on both sides.
Throughout history, the Puente Mayor de Valladolid has witnessed several important events, such as the triumphal entry of Carlos V in 1556 and the entry of the French army in 1808 during the Spanish War of Independence.
Usamos cookies en nuestro sitio web para brindarle la experiencia más relevante recordando sus preferencias y visitas repetidas. Al hacer clic en "Aceptar todo", acepta el uso de TODAS las cookies. Sin embargo, puede visitar "Ajustes de cookies" para proporcionar un consentimiento controlado.