Crossing the Duero River through the stone bridge of Medieval origin, we reach its left bank to a special enclave where the Order of the Hospitallers of San Juan de Duero settled. Coming from the Holy Land and enriched by the knowledge and multiculturalism of those places, they built an eclectic monastery, rehabilitating a small Romanesque church that already existed, and building the rest of the monastery in honor of their patron Saint John the Baptist.
After many years of abandonment, it was declared a National Monument in 1882, and years later it became the medieval department section of the Numantine Museum.
Usamos cookies en nuestro sitio web para brindarle la experiencia más relevante recordando sus preferencias y visitas repetidas. Al hacer clic en "Aceptar todo", acepta el uso de TODAS las cookies. Sin embargo, puede visitar "Ajustes de cookies" para proporcionar un consentimiento controlado.