Patio de Escuelas Mayores (Universidad de Salamanca)
Architecture and heritage, Cities and urban spaces
Historic center, Historic heritage, Public buildings, School, University
The Patio de Escuelas is the name of the small square that opens in front of the plateresque façade of the building of the Major Schools of the University in Salamanca. It was built between 1609 and 1611, according to royal authorization from Philip III and in accordance with the project presented by Juan Gallo de Andrada, allowing a better view of the monuments.
It is a quadrangular square where the facades of the historic buildings of the University open: the Escuelas Mayores, the Escuelas Menores and the Hospital del Estudio.
In its center stands a statue of Fray Luis de León.
Usamos cookies en nuestro sitio web para brindarle la experiencia más relevante recordando sus preferencias y visitas repetidas. Al hacer clic en "Aceptar todo", acepta el uso de TODAS las cookies. Sin embargo, puede visitar "Ajustes de cookies" para proporcionar un consentimiento controlado.